The National Kitchen and Bath Association has created guidelines for the spacing the points of the triangle. No two should be closer than three feet or more than seven feet apart. This conserves footsteps and while allowing several people work in the kitchen at the same time. Total length of all sides of the triangle usually add up to between twelve and twenty-six feet.
We will work with you in choosing your new kitchen cabinets and countertops. We will help you in programming your new kitchen that includes developing your work triangle.
Here are some questions we to help get started:
- How many people will be cooking at one time regularly?
- How often will meals be prepared?
- What types of meals?
- Will you eat in the kitchen?
- How many people are eating?
- Are any specialty cooking areas needed like a baking area?
- Are other functions going to take place in the kitchen like homework?