1. If you have a pool, make sure everyone uses towels to dry off before stepping or dripping water inside. Mats are great fro also keeping the floors dry and your family safe from any potential slips or falls.
2. When we have summer cookouts, it is almost impossible not to have ice around for the drinks. When we have ice cubes laying around, there are often stray cubes that fall on the floor. Be sure to wipe down melting cubes, so there is not any standing water on the floors.
3. Our pets can also take in more water during the summer. Make sure you keep the water bowl full and use a towel underneath to catch any splashes.
4. During the summer, the kids tend to spend a bunch of time outside. Many kids forget to take off their shoes befor they enter the home. As a result, they track in a ton of dirt, mud, and grass into the home. Many of these items end up on the floors of your home.
5. With Summer Cook-outs, your floors are more prone to having food particals like bread crumbs, ketchup, and mustard left on them. Be aware of this possibility and try to make frequent floor cleanings.
6. In Louisiana, we have strong afternoon thunderstorms. Make sure to shut all your windows so you don’t have rain pouring on your beautiful floor!
7. Additionally, make sure you have places for wet items to be placed, so they are not left on your floors.
At Best Buy Flooring and Countertops, we want your floors to remain in their best shape. We also want you to have a fantastic summer!