According to testing by Independent Textile Testing Service, carpets without a pad wore down almost 20% while carpet with a pad only lost 5-10% of it’s pile height. We love helping you select a nice pile and want you to be able to keep the look you have at the first day of installation longer.
After you have selected the carpet for your home, it may be tempting to go with the least expensive padding. That will be a mistake. Cheap carpet padding may adversely affect the performance of your carpet it can also void your warranty from the carpet manufacturer.
Benefits of a good carpet pad are
- Can improve the acoustical properties of a room
- Can reduce the impact of walking by half
- Improve your vacuum’s performance by allowing some air circulation
- Can mask flooring irregularities
Want to help contribute to a life saving cause? Mohawk SmartCushion has partnered with Susan G. Komen for the Cure™ to help fund ongoing breast cancer research. It is one of the best cushions available.
If you have a heat radiant floor, be sure to let your salesperson know. We will need to install a carpet pad with a thermal resistance rating.
How do you choose what carpet pad is best?
- Check the manufacturers recommendation based on the type of carpet you have chosen to install - loop pile needs a different pad from the cut pile rugs.
- Tell us which room you are going to install this carpet in - rooms with higher traffic require a thinner pad.
- Ask which padding might extend your carpet warranty.