• Kitchens serve multiple purposes: Renovating homeowners not only cook but entertain, socialize, and do work/homework there, with nearly two-thirds spending three or more hours per day
• It’s about flow: Half report that kitchens are more open to other indoor spaces as a result of updates; 65 percent of renovated kitchens are open to outdoor spaces
• Expanding kitchen features: Many are adding dining tables, chandeliers, TVs and desks/workspaces, as well as wine refrigerators and built-in stations for coffee/tea
• New kitchen, new style: Three in four homeowners are changing the style of their kitchen during updates, with many adopting transitional or contemporary styles
• Top project trigger — reaching the breaking point: 43 percent of homeowners can no longer stand their old kitchen, up from just 29 percent last year
• Hiring on the rise: Even more homeowners hired a professional in 2015 relative to 2014
If you've gained inspiration for a kitchen remodel, come see us and we'll help you with everything we can to turn your kitchen into a 2016 trend.